This two-day workshop introduces the concepts and practices associated with effective and culturally safe mentoring to: 1) nurses and midwives who are interested in being mentors to student and early career Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurses and midwives, and 2) student and early career Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurses and midwives who would like to gain mentoring. This prepares people to participate in the CATSINaM Mentoring Program, which is delivered in partnership with health departments, services and universities.
Learning outcomes: There are nine intended outcomes:
- To describe effective practices in mentoring.
- To use strength- based approaches in mentoring.
- To explain how power can influence a mentoring relationship.
- To enter into a mentoring agreement with your mentoring partner.
- To list the stages in mentoring relationships.
- To support the development of leadership skills.
- To encourage self-care for your mentee and yourself
- To support the development of anti-racism strategies.
- To plan the next steps in your mentoring journey.
2018-2019 fees: $700 per participant OR $9,500 per workshop (all fees are GST exclusive).
Fees may need to increase depending on the workshop location and required travel costs for the co-facilitators.
Participant numbers: Minimum of 12 people and maximum of 16 people.
Please contact Chloe Peters via email@example.com or 02 6262 5761 to book in a training workshop