Do you have a position you would like to advertise or are looking for work. Job seekers submit your resume & information here. Please be aware if we post your information it will be displayed on our website for public viewing, including your email and contact numbers.
If you have a job you'd like to advertise on this page, please submit here
Academic employment opportunity at Sydney Nursing School
The University of Sydney values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking academic staff to teach in Indigenous Health Nursing.
Sydney Nursing School is highly regarded nationally and internationally for academic excellence, quality teaching and innovative research. Sydney Nursing School offers a range of pre-registration courses, including Bachelor of Nursing (Advanced Studies), Master of Nursing (Graduate Entry), and a suite of combined degree programs that enable students to maintain broad study interests by linking their bachelor degree in arts, science or health sciences to a Master of Nursing. Sydney Nursing School also has an exciting suite of advanced and specialised nursing programs in Cancer and Haematology, Advanced Nursing Practice, Emergency, Intensive Care, Mental Health, Primary Health Care and Nurse Practitioner, and a range of research initiatives linked to these areas.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us. We hope you will come and join us.
We are seeking to appoint two casual or part time fixed-term contract academic staff to contribute to teaching in the area of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and nursing. Ideally, you will have some tertiary teaching experience and relevant health related experience in the field of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people’s health. This is an opportunity to join and contribute to a growing teaching and research team at the University of Sydney and to further your teaching profile within health.
- postgraduate qualification related to health and health care
- recent experience working in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health care and/or health policy
- excellent organisational skills
- experience working as an effective team member
- teaching experience in either clinical or tertiary settings
- experience in higher education teaching and learning and demonstrated ability to teach Indigenous health and care to health profession students
- experience in working with eLearning sites
- Master of Philosophy or PhD or working towards either in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health.
- a graduate qualification in education
- Nursing Registration with AHPRA
For further information in relation to the position, please contact A/Professor Heather McKenzie, Associate Dean (Academic) on 02 9351 0546.
Please email your application addressing the above criteria together with your CV to Maree Whipps, email@example.com
Aboriginal Student Success Officer
Status: Full - Time Position
This is an Aboriginal identified position. Applicants must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent. Exemption is claimed under Section 57 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1988 (TAS). To be considered for this role candidates must provide eligibility documentation with their application. Eligibility and confirmation is based on the three tiered criteria for Aboriginality used by the Commonwealth and State Agencies.
In the role you will:
- Provide a high level of support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
- To work in collaboration with staff from Facilities, Divisions, Institutes, transition programs and other internal stakeholders to support and promote participation and success of Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander students.
- Liaise with the Aboriginal Community, Aboriginal Organisations and service providers to promote the University of Tasmania and Riawunna Centres courses and programs.
- Work with other educational institutions, specifically Colleges, TAFE and High Schools to promote higher education.
- The appointee will also contribute and assist with activities, project and programs within the Riawunna Centre team.
You will be employed on a 0.60 FTE, fixed term basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- This is an Identified position, and applicants must provide evidence of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage with their application.
- The completion of an undergraduate degree or in progression of an undergraduate degree.
- Extensive knowledge and awareness of issues facing the Aboriginal Community and demonstrated relationships with Aboriginal Community members, Organisations and Programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues of education attainment and post-school participation in education for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Extensive knowledge of key stakeholders within Government, State Government and non-government agencies that provide assistance and support to Aboriginal community members.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $81,600 comprising base salary within the range of $65,021 to $74,521 plus 9.5% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Jamie Cave, Coordinator, Aboriginal Student Success, Jaime.Cave@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 8593.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Friday 15 December 2017.
Senior Aboriginal Liaison Officer & Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officer
These positions are based within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health at St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne and are based at our Fitzroy Campus.
Applicants for these positions are required to submit a cover letter, resume, and a separate document addressing the essential criteria outlined in the position description.
Please click on the position titles below to find out more about the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identified positions currently being advertised at SVHM:
Senior Aboriginal Liaison Officer –Full Time, Ongoing - (Closes Friday 22/12/17)
Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officer – Full Time, Ongoing - (Closes Friday 22/12/17)
Applicants will need to make a profile and submit their applications online via the Workday portal (click here for link). To create an account/profile, follow the link and click on the “sign in” button at the top right hand side of the screen then click on “create account” and follow the prompts. Please let me know if you or one of your network requires assistance with the application process.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Aboriginal Health Unit Manager, Andrew Morrison. His details are below:
Phone: 03) 9231 4283.
Location: Alice Springs
About Menzies: Menzies School of Health Research (Menzies) is a medical research institute dedicated to improving the health and well-being of Indigenous Australians, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses.
About the position: The Optimum Thiamine Intervention (OpT In) Trial is funded by the National Health and Medical Research Council. The aim is to determine the optimum thiamine dose for the treatment and prevention of the neurological disorder Wernicke Korsakoff's Syndrome (WKS) by comparing three different treatment regimens. Approximately 450 adult patients will be enrolled in the trial over 4 years. The project will recruit participants from the Alice Springs Hospital.
The research nurse will ensure the trial meets standards of Good Clinical Practice and will be responsible for:
- Project management
- Participant recruitment
- Clinical data and specimen collection and
- Follow-up visits
Contact: Dr Kylie Dingwall on 08 8959 5380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10 December 2017
For more information please visit our website https://www.menzies.edu.au/page/Careers/Current__employment_opportunities
ANFPP Curriculum Coordinator
LOCATION: Milton Brisbane
The primary purpose of the Curriculum Coordinator is to update and maintain ANFPP program education materials to ensure currency with NFP® and Australian license and intellectual property requirements, and cultural safety through established review and governance processes. The role will contribute high level technical direction to the continuous quality improvement of ANFPP education and training materials that supports delivery to program fidelity, promotes culturally safe practice, clinical excellence, and education standards.
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website at: http://www.abtassoc.com.au/careers/job-search/.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website, and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above. We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Monday, 18th December 2017
You must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for consideration for this role.
Further information can be found here
Registered Nurse Integrated Chronic Care for Aboriginal People Program
LOCATION: Based at Adamstown NSW with travel to the Greater Newcastle area, Hunter Valley and Lake Macquarie.
Contact Name: Donna Clucas
Email Contact: email@example.com
As part of the Integrated Chronic Care for Aboriginal People Team, the Registered Nurse will provide safe, compassionate person centred care for the Aboriginal community ensuring care is delivered in a culturally appropriate way and in collaboration with clients/families/carers.
This position will work in partnership with a multidisciplinary team to achieve identified goals and outcomes.
Agency EEN Aged Care
LOCATION: Wollongong, South Sydney, Sutherlandshire
Due to an overwhelming demand from our clients, H1 Healthcare are seeking EENs for South West Sydney. We have a number of aged care facilities across Sydney if this area is not suitable.
Are you an AIN with experience in Aged Care currently living in Australia and looking for additional work?
As an agency nurse, you will be given a range of shifts to suit your lifestyle. You will need to have a minimum of 12 months experience working as an EEN in Aged care.
Successful candidates will have:
• AHPRA registration
• 2 recent clinical referees
• Current police record
• 12 months qualified experience within Aged care, preferably in aged care facilities
• You must have a car
In return H1 Healthcare offer the following benefits:
• Fantastic pay rates - Paid weekly
• New, user-friendly app where you can pick up shifts at the click of a button
• Flexible Hours to meet your needs
• Fast track registration
• Free online training - Qintil
• Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
• Nurse referral scheme- financial rewards
If this sounds like something you would want then please apply now.
Central Queensland Indigenous Development Ltd
Practice Manager / Clinical Nurse Manager
LOCATION: Far West NSW
POSITION: Practice Manager / Clinical Nurse Manager
CONTACT: Leanne on 02 9078 8193
Are you a practice nurse manager looking to develop your skills in Aboriginal health? Or are you a practice manager looking to relocate to remote NSW?
As a practice nurse manager you will be responsible for the overall management ensuring the delivery of efficient and effective comprehensive primary health care service. You will be involved in business planning, administration, financial management, leadership, and oversight of health service quality and safety to meet the key performance indicators and maximizing Medicare.
As a practice nurse manager you will hold full unrestricted AHPRA registration as a Div 1 Nurse, you will have previous management and remote, primary or Aboriginal health experience. A valid working with children clearance and a national police check. You will also hold full working rights for Australia.
What's on offer? An attractive above award package + a range of other benefits including housing.
Call Leanne on 02 9078 8193 for further details on this and a range of other exciting nursing and management opportunities across Australia
Teacher Health and Nursing Vocational Education
Type of Work: Numerous
Contact: Sam Willoughby or via phone on 07 4930 6901
Position Overview: With one of the largest and fastest-growing footprints of any university in the country, CQUniversity Australia is on a phenomenal trajectory, with strong growth in student numbers, courses, campuses and accolades.
- We are currently recruiting experienced nurses for our 2017 intake across the Vocational Education Stream.
- Health programs are at the fore front of the University’s core business with courses structured to meet the ever increasing needs of our communities here in Australia.
- As a University we focus on engaged and innovative education to benefit students, industry and communities.
- As an Employer we focus on engaging our employees in a family friendly workplace.
- Making the transition to teaching is easier than you may think.
Please visit our website http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs to view a full list of vacancies, locations and attractive remuneration packages.
Registered Nurse - Div 1
Catherine passion has always been to work in the health sector, particularly in Aboriginal health. She is seeking full time employment in an AMS, Medicare local or Aged Care Facility. Catherine's extensive resume is attached as well as a cover letter. For further information on Catherine please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Nurse - Div 1
Tracey is seeking fulltime, part time or casual employment. Having an extensive background in leadership roles and community based health services. Attached is Tracey's amazing resume.
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse
QLD - Eagleby
Trisha is an Endorsed Enrolled Nurse registered in Queensland with AHPRA. Looking for a position that provides an opportunity to be supported while gaining valuable experience in the nursing industry. I have great clinical skills. IV and Medications endorsed. Enthusiastic with excellent people skills and dedicated work ethic.
Enrolled Endorsed Practitioner
NSW - Adamstown
Sandra is a Registered Nurse with Fourteen years+ experience in ensuring high standards of culturally appropriate care for a variety of patient with in clinical settings as well as community providing nursing care to diverse populations experience in health care as an Enrolled Nurse Practitioner in out patients and in patient settings Excel at comprehension assessment, development and implementation of health care.
Enrolled Nurse (Division 2), General
WA - YANCHEP
Helen is seeking part time work in the Yanchep area. Her resume can be sen below.
Registered Nurse - Div 1
VIC - Carlton
Dianne is seeking full time work - please contact CATSNaM for contact information