CATSINaM Mentoring Project
Studying to become a nurse or midwife can seem a bit daunting at times, but don’t worry. Support is available through our mentoring program.
Our mentoring program formally links you with an experienced nurse or midwife who can offer you support, guidance, friendship and role modeling.
Our role is to:
- learn about you so we can connect you with the right mentor or student
- provide our mentors with information and support
- be a contact point for support and assistance for our mentors and students.
Once we have matched you with your mentor or student, you will work together to establish:
- your joint goals and aims (which will probably change over time)
- how you will contact each other (such as by email, phone calls, visits)
- how often you will contact each other (such as once a week or once a month)
- when you will contact each other (such as weekends or evenings).
Over time, most mentors and students develop a healthy, trusting, sharing and growing relationship. Occasionally the relationship doesn’t work out, and that’s OK. Just contact us and we will discuss finding a different mentor or student for you to work with.
Mentoring is not just about sharing knowledge, ideas and skills. It’s also about growing into the complex role of a nurse or midwife.