CATSINaM is supporting members to keep up to date with COVID-19 by creating a resource hub of key information and facts. We recognise that Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Nurses and Midwives (including students) are working hard and supporting their families and communities. You are our heroes and we are proud of the work you are doing, please look after yourselves at this difficult time.
Please find the latest COVID-19 Updates from the Australian Government Department of Health here, or link to COVID-19 Resources.
The COVID-19 smartphone app is now available! Please click here to download
Cultural considerations regarding the COVIDSafe app may include:
- The app is written in English, which we understand might be a second, third or fourth language for some of our Mob
- Access to technology such as smartphones and computers as well as the internet may pose a challenge
- Remote communities may not see the benefit of using the app until they enter urban areas
- Concerns about the security of personal data
CarerHelp is designed to assist people who are caring for someone who is at the end of life. They provided information and advice on how carers can be better prepared in the form of learning modules, links to useful caring resources, videos of carer experiences, and factsheets.
The information about the COVID-19 pandemic is complex and changing daily and we have created this summary to assist you with some of the key facts. Please update your details to ensure you receive the most up-to-date information here.
Click here for an overview of COVID-19 including tips to identify signs and ways to keep you and your family safe.
Free Online Training for Health Professionals
The Commonwealth Government COVID-19 online training program is available for health professionals working across health and aged care.
The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (the Commission) has developed advice to support health service organisations to undertake a COVID-19 risk assessment and develop a comprehensive Risk Management Plan.
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Peak Bodies
CATSINaM, AIDA, IAHA & NATSIHWA have developed a range of resources for members to use across their workplaces, homes, and communities.
- COVID-19 Resource for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Professionals or
- COVID-19 Posters for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Health Professionals
Please find more information from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Peak Bodies at their websites below;
- Australian Indigenous Doctors https://www.aida.org.au/
- National Aboriginal and Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO) https://www.naccho.org.au/
- Australian Indigenous Health Infonet https://healthinfonet.ecu.edu.au/
- Indigenous Allied Health Australia https://iaha.com.au/
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker Association https://www.natsihwa.org.au/
Gayaa Dhuwi (Proud Spirit) Australia, the new national Indigenous wellbeing, mental health and suicide prevention leadership body, have launched two additional wellbeing and mental health support posters for Indigenous Australians for staying healthy and strong during the coronavirus outbreak. Please find more information here
If you have any queries or concerns or just want a yarn please contact the CATSINaM Team on 1300 CATSINaM (02 6262 5761) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org