Newsletter February 2023
CATSINaM Events and Activities
Leaders In Nursing and Midwifery Education Network (LINMEN)
CATSINaM held a Leaders In Nursing and Midwifery Education Network (LINMEN) workshop in Boorloo (Perth) the country of the Whadjuk Nyoongar people. Associate Professor Holly Northam (University of Canberra) and Acting CEO, Dr Ali Drummond, co-facilitated the event that involved twenty-six education professionals.
The workshop’s purpose was to discuss the strategic direction of the LINMEN network and to develop a 3-year Strategic Plan. We are currently collating and finalising this information.
A special thank you to elder Barry Winmar for welcoming us to country and opening our day with warmth and support. We also wish to thank the participants and those who could not make it for your ongoing commitment, time, and contributions to this important piece of work.
Expressions of Interest for Health and Diabetes Expert Reference Group (ERG)
Are you interested in shaping how diabetes services should be delivered for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people?
The Diabetes Australia Expert Reference Group is an advisory committee providing strategic advice and support on all National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) activities, developments and programs related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. If you are interested in sharing your advice and expertise about how diabetes services should be delivered for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, please:
1.Briefly describe your experience and/or expertise for each of the following criteria:
- design, development, implementation, and evaluation of NDSS resources, programs and services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders,
- evidence-based guidelines, best practice standards and emerging trends in the management and
care of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders living with diabetes,
- priorities for the NDSS in relation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, service gaps and
needs of specific cohorts to support diversity, inclusion, and equity, and
- relevant NDSS policies, project proposals, plans, reports, and evaluation outcomes in support of
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health.
2. Send your response and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 14th March, 2023 (Note: The Terms of Reference for the reference group is available on request.)
Check out CATSINaM’s Celebration of 25 years by clicking on the following article produced by Croakey Professional Services.
Share your Feedback
We are setting up a page on the CATSINaM website to allow Members and others to submit feedback to CATSINaM. We will keep you updated when this page goes live.
Please note, the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the feedback will belong solely to the author, and not necessarily to the author’s employer, organisation, committee, or other group or individual. Furthermore, CATSINaM is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other applicable privacy laws and regulations. CATSINaM values and respects the privacy of people we deal with, such as members, staff, volunteers, and stakeholders, by keeping your personal information safe, confidential, accurate, and complete.
Posts from CATSINaM Members and Partners
The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) has updated advice about immunisations. For more information regarding COVID-19 boosters in 2023 please visit: ATAGI 2023 booster advice | Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care
The 2023 Commonwealth Closing the Gap Implementation Plan outlines the Commonwealth’s strategic priorities and efforts to close the gap over the next 12 to 18 months. For more information, please visit Closing the Gap Implementation Plan
Monash Health – Aboriginal Paediatric Registered Nurse. See details to apply at this link.
Queensland Health: Clinical Nurse Consultant – Primary Health Care. See details here.
- March : WA Rural Health Conference 202311th to the 12th in Boorloo (Perth), WA
- June: 25thCancer Nurses Society of Australia Annual Congress from 14th to the 16th on Kaurna country in Adelaide, SA
Co-production workshop with maternity care consumers/ advocates and researchers
- When: Monday 27 February 2023, 2:00 – 5:00 pm AEDT, ONLINE
- For more information including registration – click on the link Register by 23rd February 2023
Birthing Tree – Gathering the Seeds Symposium
- When: Monday 3 April to Wednesday 5 April 2023on the banks of the beautiful Derbarl Yerrigan (Swan River), Perth
- For more information – click on the link Birthing Tree – Gathering the Seeds Symposium
3rd Annual Women in Leadership Executive Program
- When: A four-week intensive program at various location during May 2023. Early Bird closes on 24 February 2023
- For more information – click on the link Women in Leadership Executive Program
Maternity Services Education Program, Victoria.
- The Women’s Maternity Services Education Program(MSEP) is a state-wide clinical education program, delivering interprofessional education for Victorian maternity services. MSEP workshops are tailored to meet individual service needs, assisting clinicians to provide woman centred, high quality, evidence based and culturally safe care.
- For more information click on the link Women’s Maternity Services Education Program
Australian College of Nursing (ACN) Institute of Leadership Programs.
Six scholarships are available for ACN’s Institute of Leadership upcoming Melbourne programs on 20-24 March 2023.
- Four scholarships are available for the Mid-Career Leadership Program (MCLP) valued at $5,500 each, and
- Two scholarships are available for the Nurse Executive Leadership Program (NELP) valued at $10,000 each.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis with applications closing Friday 10 March 2023or once all available places have been filled. APPLY NOW
We look forward to your feedback and queries. Please email us at: email@example.com or follow our social media platforms.